Friday, October 24, 2014

Reading is Good for Your Health!

I haven't blogged in ages. I intentionally quit blogging for Beloved Books because I just had too much going on and it was a blessing if I had time to read a book, let alone review one. I've had health issues, debilitating issues that prevented me from reading at all. When I shared with my doctor that I wasn't reading anymore, she was very concerned. You see, for beloved bibliophiles, reading is good for our health!

Yes, dear readers, you now have reason to keep on reading. When your spouse starts cracking down on your book purchases, when your friends and family tease you or grumble because you always have your nose in a book, you just let them know that to not read is bad for your health! For avid readers, not reading leads to tension and stress, anxiety, depression, and a total loss of creativity. For beloved bookworms, to disappear in a world of words is the healing balm for the chaotic lives we live. It soothes our souls and clears our minds to focus more clearly on our daily responsibilities. And while there is no scientific research to prove it, I'm convinced that my return to reading has done wonders for my skills playing Word Chums.

So there you have it, your prescription for reading. Please note: This blog post is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment